Illinois football adds in-state 2024 recruit Eddie Tuerk

By Adam Rosen, Summer Editor

Illinois football added another recruit from in-state, this time Eddie Tuerk, a three-star defensive lineman. The 6-foot-4 Lyons Township prospect committed after a visit over the weekend and is joining a 2024 recruiting class that already features seven other players.

Tuerk announced his decision on Twitter.

Tuerk is the No. 17 ranked prospect in the state of Illinois and the No. 51 defensive line recruit in the nation, according to 247Sports.

Tuerk had offers from six other Big Ten programs, even officially visiting the Northwestern Wildcats on June 2, before committing to Illinois.

The La Grange native is familiar with Illinois, as his father is an alum and his high school coach was a former quarterback in Champaign. Both defensive line and offensive line coaches Terrance Jamison and Bart Miller, respectively, were key factors in securing the commitment from Tuerk, according to 247Sports.

This could possibly project him as a lineman on either side of the ball, but it will depend on the other recruits for 2024 as well as transfer portal moves and other key factors.

@arrosen76