Illinois football adds Florida DB Amar Reynolds to Class of 2024

Sidney Malone

Head Coach Bret Bielema reacts to the Fighting Illini’s 19-10 loss at the ReliaQuest bowl game in Tampa, Fla. on January 2. Bielema added another recruit to the class of 2024 with Florida defensive back Amar Reynolds.

By Adam Rosen, Summer Editor

Illinois football added another player to its 2024 recruitment class as the program continues to stockpile players for the future. The total number of commitments stands at 13 after Florida defensive back Amar Reynolds announced his commitment to the Illini via Twitter on June 26.

Reynolds is one of two defensive backs to have committed to the 2024 class, along with fellow Floridian Vernon Woodward. The 6-foot-1 defender is the No. 116 ranked corner on 247Sports.

Illinois beat out neighboring Big Ten rival Indiana in pursuit of the No. 163 ranked player in the state of Florida. Reynolds transferred into Vero Beach ahead of his senior season, according to 247Sports. In his junior season, he registered 31 tackles, three interceptions and three pass breakups in eight games, according to MaxPreps.

With this commitment, Illinois adds its eighth player from outside of the state, continuing to mesh players from across the country and compete with schools across the nation.

@arrosen76