Illinois adds Caleb Pyfrom to 2024 recruiting class

By Adam Rosen, Summer Editor

The Illini have been busy in the last couple of weeks, adding recruits to their football program for 2024. Head coach Bret Bielema and his staff have continued to use the momentum they have, and it paid off as the Illini added their 12th commitment in the past 18 days, and their 15th overall for the 2024 recruiting class.

Caleb Pyfrom, a three-star from Omaha Central is the No. 43 offensive tackle in the 2024 class and No. 7 player in Neb., according to 247Sports.

The 6-foot-5 offensive tackle announced his decision at 10 a.m. on Thursday via Twitter, as he chose the Illini over multiple Power Five programs, including several Big Ten teams and schools like Missouri, Kansas and Colorado.

This marks another huge win for Illinois offensive line coach Bart Miller, who is also an Omaha native. The Illini have now added three known offensive linemen to the Class of 2024, as Branden Hansen and Zafir Stewart have already committed. A potential fourth commitment may be found in Eddie Tuerk who could play on the line as well.

@arrosen76