Illini finish indoor season before outdoor season canceled

By Gabby Hajduk, Sports Editor

March 21, 2020

The Illinois men's track team competed at the Big Ten Indoor Championships to wrap up its indoor season just before the conference canceled all spring sports. The Illini were just three weeks from their first outdoor meet, the Willie Williams Classic in Tucson, Arizona, which was set to take place on...

Wells finds athletic, academic success in Big Ten career

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

March 9, 2020

Redshirt senior Jonathan Wells isn’t a stranger to athletic success during his time at Illinois. As a six-time All-American, he continues to reach milestones and break records even during his final season at Illinois. Since coming from Grant Community High school with nearly 2,000 students, Wells h...

Wishing Wells: senior long-jumper proves to be cornerstone of Illini squad

By Meghan Rest, Sports Editor

March 2, 2020

The men’s track and field team wrapped up the indoor season, placing 10th out of 11 programs at the Big Ten Indoor Championships in Geneva, Ohio, Saturday. Senior Jonathan Wells led the Illini on Friday during the two-day meet, collecting the long jump title and All-Big Ten accolades. While Wells pl...

Davis, Jazo capture individual titles at Alex Wilson Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff writer

February 24, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team competed at the 2020 Alex Wilson Invitational at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, on Saturday. All the events at this meet took place in the Loftus Sports Center and featured nationally-ranked No. 12 Indiana and No. 20 Iowa. Although a small selection of the team compe...

Jonathan Wells dominates jumping events at Music City Challenge in Nashville

By Savaughn Anderson, Staff Writer

February 17, 2020

The Illini men’s track and field team traveled to Nashville Friday and Saturday to compete in the Music City Challenge hosted by Vanderbilt.    The Music City Challenge took place at Vanderbilt’s Multipurpose Facility. The challenge was split up in two days with the Illini starting strong the f...

Wells leads Illini at Husker Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

February 10, 2020

The men’s track and field team competed at the 2020 Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational at the University of Nebraska this weekend. Coming into the meet, the Illini were ranked No. 23, according to U.S. Track & Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association. Illinois competed against 38 other teams...

Men’s track and field travels to Nebraska Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

February 6, 2020

The No. 21-ranked men’s track and field team will travel to Nebraska for the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational this weekend. The meet will begin on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Bob Devaney Sports Center Indoor Track and continue through Saturday, beginning at 11:30 a.m. This is Illinois’ fourth meet of the...

Illini see individual progress at Indiana Relays

By Savaughn Anderson, Staff Writer

February 3, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team traveled to Bloomington, Indiana, to partake in the Indiana University Relays, which hosted the University on Friday and Saturday. The relays took place at Indiana’s Gladstein Fieldhouse. Coming off winning seven event titles in last Saturday’s Illini Invita...

Team to compete at Indiana Relays Friday, Saturday

By Renato Arteaga and Savaughn Anderson

January 29, 2020

The Illinois men's track and field team will compete at the Indiana University Relays at the Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse in Bloomington, Indiana Friday and Saturday. At the two-day event, Illinois will face Big Ten rival, Indiana. The relays mark the men’s second away meet of the season and the sec...

Illini takes first at invitational

Illini takes first at invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

January 27, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team came in first place at the program’s Illini Invitational at the UI Armory Saturday. The meet featured ten other schools, including DePaul, University of Illinois-Chicago and Eastern Illinois. The events were split up into two days of action, with some preliminary...

Quinn, Wells run at USATF Outdoor Championships

By Rachel Spencer, Assistant Sports Editor

August 26, 2019

He’s one of the fastest Illini in the history of Illinois men’s track and field program, and over the summer sprinter, Devin Quinn competed against some of the best sprinters in the nation at the U.S. Outdoor Track and Field Championships.  Last spring, Quinn finished up his time as an Illini by dashing ...

Quinn finishes seventh in NCAA finals, earns All-American honors

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

June 11, 2019

The Illinois men’s and women’s outdoor track and field teams wrapped up their spring campaign this week in Austin, Texas. Senior sprinter Devin Quinn finished seventh in the 100-meter dash Friday at the NCAA Championships, completing his final collegiate race with a time of 10.12 seconds. Tex...

Next Page »