Davis, Jazo capture individual titles at Alex Wilson Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff writer

February 24, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team competed at the 2020 Alex Wilson Invitational at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, on Saturday. All the events at this meet took place in the Loftus Sports Center and featured nationally-ranked No. 12 Indiana and No. 20 Iowa. Although a small selection of the team compe...

Jonathan Wells dominates jumping events at Music City Challenge in Nashville

By Savaughn Anderson, Staff Writer

February 17, 2020

The Illini men’s track and field team traveled to Nashville Friday and Saturday to compete in the Music City Challenge hosted by Vanderbilt.    The Music City Challenge took place at Vanderbilt’s Multipurpose Facility. The challenge was split up in two days with the Illini starting strong the f...

Wells leads Illini at Husker Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

February 10, 2020

The men’s track and field team competed at the 2020 Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational at the University of Nebraska this weekend. Coming into the meet, the Illini were ranked No. 23, according to U.S. Track & Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association. Illinois competed against 38 other teams...

Men’s track and field travels to Nebraska Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

February 6, 2020

The No. 21-ranked men’s track and field team will travel to Nebraska for the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational this weekend. The meet will begin on Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Bob Devaney Sports Center Indoor Track and continue through Saturday, beginning at 11:30 a.m. This is Illinois’ fourth meet of the...

Illini see individual progress at Indiana Relays

By Savaughn Anderson, Staff Writer

February 3, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team traveled to Bloomington, Indiana, to partake in the Indiana University Relays, which hosted the University on Friday and Saturday. The relays took place at Indiana’s Gladstein Fieldhouse. Coming off winning seven event titles in last Saturday’s Illini Invita...

Team to compete at Indiana Relays Friday, Saturday

By Renato Arteaga and Savaughn Anderson

January 29, 2020

The Illinois men's track and field team will compete at the Indiana University Relays at the Harry Gladstein Fieldhouse in Bloomington, Indiana Friday and Saturday. At the two-day event, Illinois will face Big Ten rival, Indiana. The relays mark the men’s second away meet of the season and the sec...

Illini takes first at invitational

Illini takes first at invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer

January 27, 2020

The Illinois men’s track and field team came in first place at the program’s Illini Invitational at the UI Armory Saturday. The meet featured ten other schools, including DePaul, University of Illinois-Chicago and Eastern Illinois. The events were split up into two days of action, with some preliminary...

Quinn, Wells run at USATF Outdoor Championships

By Rachel Spencer, Assistant Sports Editor

August 26, 2019

He’s one of the fastest Illini in the history of Illinois men’s track and field program, and over the summer sprinter, Devin Quinn competed against some of the best sprinters in the nation at the U.S. Outdoor Track and Field Championships.  Last spring, Quinn finished up his time as an Illini by dashing ...

Quinn finishes seventh in NCAA finals, earns All-American honors

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

June 11, 2019

The Illinois men’s and women’s outdoor track and field teams wrapped up their spring campaign this week in Austin, Texas. Senior sprinter Devin Quinn finished seventh in the 100-meter dash Friday at the NCAA Championships, completing his final collegiate race with a time of 10.12 seconds. Tex...

Big Ten recognizes UI athletes’ academics

By Hannah Preston, Interim editor-in-chief

May 30, 2019

On Wednesday, 1,824 students were named to the spring Big Ten Academic All-Conference team, eligibility determined by varsity-team status, full-time student status and a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0. From the University, a total of 73 spring student-athletes were selected. Baseball David Craan Casey D...

Turk inducted into Illinois Athletics Hall of Fame

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

May 12, 2019

Illinois head track and field coach Michael Turk was inducted into the Drake Relays Hall of Fame April 25. Turk has been coaching the Illini for eight seasons but recently became the head coach of the program in 2017, when both the men’s and women’s programs combined. Turk said he knew he would be getting induct...

Illinois collects relay titles at Drake

Illinois collects relay titles at Drake

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

April 29, 2019

The Illinois track and field team traveled to Des Moines, Iowa, for the Drake Relays this weekend. The men’s team finished third out of 17 teams, and the women’s team finished second out of 18 teams, as scoring was based on relays alone. The meet was no misnomer for Illinois, whose relay teams hav...

Next Page »