October 20, 2014
1. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
This group reunion is “so good, so good, so good.”
2. “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” by Stevie Wonder
What you say every time you send in tuition bills or donations to the University. I’m forever yours, Illinois.
3. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
To all the people who doubted your capabilities. Haters gonna hate.
4. “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit
When I’m with Alma, there’s no place I’d rather be.
5. “Thriller” by Michael Jackson
Homecoming weekend is right before Halloween, so get in the spirit with this throwback.
6. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
Just a minute of this song will have you feeling 22.
7. “Baby Got Back” and “Anaconda” by Sir Mix-A-Lot and Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj recreated Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic song, so play both to get a mix of old and new.
8. “Let’s Twist Again” by Chubby Checker
This throwback will remind of shake shacks, roller blades and the ability to be carefree.
9. “Classic” by MKTO
This feel-good song combines cherished memories with new experiences. Whether back in the day or now, the University will always be a classic.
10. “Come On Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners
Grab your friends and sway side to side.
11. “I Lived” by OneRepublic
Set a “yolo” tone to the weekend by listening to the lyrics, crying and then becoming inspired to live life to the fullest.
12. “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations
Try listening to this song and not singing along.
13. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Because there ain’t no mountain, valley or river too large to keep the Fighting Illini from reuniting.
Mikayla can be reached at [email protected]