Best of CU | Best Dining Hall: ISR Dining Center

Isaac Pinkus
Students dine in the Illinois Street Residence dining hall, located at 1010 W. Illinois St., for breakfast on a Sunday morning on March 24.

Sometimes it’s hard to get excited about using meal swipes when local restaurants seem to offer so much more. However, the Illinois Street Dining Center makes the decision to eat at a dining hall easy, as it brings the convenience of diverse restaurants to you. 

The ISR Dining Center is located inside ISR, with bus lines running to and from the center for easy access. 

The center, originally built in 1962, was recently renovated in 2021 to include micro-restaurants that offer cuisine from all over the world, according to an article on the remodel

Students can choose from nine separate stations to satisfy their stomachs, which range from Italian cuisine at Saporito, Asian eats at Fusion 48 and dessert dishes at Café a la Crumb. 

Individuals with dietary restrictions are also welcome to eat at the ISR Dining Center, as Inclusive Solutions has them covered with a variety of food options catered to their needs.

Open from 7-10 a.m. for breakfast, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch and 4:30-8 p.m. for dinner, there really is no better place to use your meal swipes on campus.