Best of CU | Best Activities to Do with Your Mom: Go Out to Dinner

James Hoeck
A plate of honey roasted beet and arugula from Biaggis Ristorante Italiano on March 23. The restaurant serves as a perfect spot to bring your mom for a top-notch dinner.

When your mother visits the grand, mysterious cornfields of Champaign-Urbana, she would rather not be sitting in the dorms. If you’re looking to show her a good time, what better way to get her out than to eat somewhere nice? No, not at the University dining halls.

Located on the northwest corner of Green and Fifth streets, Bangkok Thai is a favorite among students looking to get quality eats at a good price. It’s the most authentic Thai cuisine you can get in C-U, and there’s a reason why it is always packed, especially at night. 

If you’ve never eaten Thai food before, you should go for their pad thai as a safe bet. It’s served as a big portion and is filled with amazing flavor which includes the right combination of sweet and savory. To add to that, you can even customize the level of spice from level one to five.

No matter what time of day you go, Bangkok Thai will always have top-notch meals for you to either eat there or take out to beautiful locations on campus — the Main Quad, perhaps?