Best of CU | Best Study Spot: Grainger Engineering Library

Isaac Pinkus
The second floor of Grainger Engineering Library on March 24.

If you need to lock in, the Grainger Engineering Library is the place for you. Located at the north end of the Bardeen Quadrangle is this year’s best study spot.

The Grainger Engineering Library holds a special place in the hearts of many students at the University, as you’ll rarely ever find the building empty. Open 24 hours every weekday and 10 a.m. to midnight on the weekends, you’ll often have trouble finding an empty seat on the second and third floors, especially at night during finals season.

On that second floor is the cream-of-the-crop library material; There are 200 study stalls and also various long tables for group study. However, this may not be the best place to collaborate on a group project, as both the second and third floors are restricted to quiet study only.

If you’re looking for a better space to work in groups or chat with friends, you’ll find it on the fourth floor, where you can work at one of the many spacious round tables in the middle area, in reserved study rooms or elsewhere. 

The lower level and first floor will also fill your collaborative needs, as there are “pods” you can sit in with friends or classmates while you connect to the television at the end of your table.

If you get tired or hungry, there’s even an Espresso Royale on the first floor offering various coffee drinks, sandwiches and more to get you through your study session.