Best of CU | Best Burger: Jurassic Grill

Candice Zhou
The T. rex burger with extra mushrooms from Jurassic Grill, a campus-favorite spot for late-night munchies and drunk eats, located accessibly on Green Street.

The burger is one of — if not the most — iconic food items in American culture. It’s not a stretch to say a U.S. college campus would be incomplete without a burger place, and thankfully, Jurassic Grill has us covered.

Whether it’s from the food truck or the storefront that stays open until 3 a.m., a Jurassic Grill burger will satisfy you to the fullest and make you wonder why you ever ordered a burger before that wasn’t named after a dinosaur. Once the clock strikes 11 a.m., there’s never a bad time for Jurassic Grill.

Hungry on a night out? Grab a nighttime T-REX Cheeseburger. Need a quick, filling lunch? Go for a T-REX Baconburger. Or you could try my favorite: a post-workout Brontosaurus. With two patties, ham, bacon and a fried egg to top it off, the Brontosaurus is $11.99 you’ll never regret spending. 

Always reliable whenever your stomach needs it the most, Jurassic Grill is the undeniable burger hot spot of Champaign-Urbana. If you’re on Green Street and in search of this American classic, Jurassic Grill’s unique take on this standard sandwich will never disappoint.