Best of CU | Best Place to Get a Haircut: Urbana Campus Barber Shop

Isaac Pinkus
James Steur, a graduate student studying political science, gets his haircut at the Urbana Campus Barber Shop on South Lincoln Avenue and West Nevada Street on Feb. 28.

College is a time for self-discovery, self-expression and, most importantly, the chance to try out that one haircut you never got but always kind of wanted. Even if you’re not looking to get too creative, it can be fun to mess with your image a bit for the first time.

If it’s getting a little hard to tell the back of your head from the front, and your next trip home is weeks away, you might need to face the terrifying task of picking an on-campus barber. Luckily, Urbana Campus Barber Shop is here for you.

Nestled between Caffe Paradiso and Jimmy John’s on Lincoln Avenue, the small business is a textbook barber shop in every way. From the red, white and blue striped poles outside to the old-timey signs indoors, Urbana Campus Barber Shop’s friendly service and efficient cuts will have you looking your best through a quick and easy appointment.

Next time you’re stressing over timing your at-home haircuts right before you return to campus, book your appointment right here in Champaign-Urbana. Chosen by the people, Urbana Campus Barber Shop’s welcoming atmosphere is here to clean you up — or assist with your college transformation.