Best of CU | Best Study Spot — Coffee: The Literary

Candice Zhou
A hot latte from the Literary at 22 N Neil St provides company to astrophysics homework.

The Literary is widely known as one of Champaign-Urbana’s quirky study spots, as it mashes a bookstore and coffee shop into one. It’s a great environment for devoted writers and busy students looking for a cozy and artistic environment to work in. 

The Literary is filled with eclectic paintings and furniture, including a pretty fireplace surrounded by sofas. There are also a lot of fun trinkets and interesting novels to browse or even purchase. The back of the shop includes its coffee shop, which is lined with modern tables for customers to spend time working. 

The menu is filled with snacks and delicious meals. From chip bowls to burgers and tacos, there’s something for everyone’s appetite. The drink selection is equally diverse, with options to order tea, coffee and cocktails for brunch.

There are many weekly events hosted at The Literary, which include movie nights, author visits and book club meetings. There are many opportunities for those looking to become involved in a tight-knit creative community outside of campus.