Best of CU | Best Bar for Your Mom: KAMS

James Hoeck
Students from the Champaign-Urbana community celebrate the 2024 Unofficial St. Patricks Day at KAMS, which was decorated like an Irish pub, on March 2.

It does not matter how familiar your mom is with Champaign-Urbana — there’s always fun to be had at KAMS. Voted the Best Bar for Your Mom in this year’s Best of CU, KAMS is acutely suited for accommodating visiting mothers.

KAMS keeps things interesting with themed nights, and none lends itself to bridging generations more than “Time Warp Tuesday.” Centered around the musical selection being exclusively throwback hits, students can get a taste of what the scene was like in their moms’ heydays.

In addition to being one of the campus’ top spots on any given day, KAMS goes all out with its Moms Weekend marketing each year. The “Home of the Drinking Illini” creates a special shirt for the weekend every time it rolls around on top of encouraging mothers to show their children what they’ve got with Instagram captions such as “LETS SEE IF UR MOMS CAN OUTDRINK YOU THIS WEEKEND.”

This Moms Weekend, bring mom along for the fun by taking her out to a space curated perfectly for her to visit.