Best of CU | Best Boba: Kung Fu Tea

Alyssa Shih
White grape punch with mango jelly and Classic milk tea with bubbles from Kung Fu Tea located on South Sixth Street in Champaign.

With its variety of tasty drinks, Kung Fu Tea has become a student favorite on campus, taking Best Boba for the third year in a row.

Boba, or bubble tea, is a well-known tea-based beverage typically made of tea and milk and with added tapioca pearls. It originated from Taiwan in the 1980s.

The Campustown Kung Fu Tea is located at 707 S. Sixth St., close to the Main Quad and Green Street. There are multiple options for boba beverages, and customers can add any toppings to their drinks including flavored chewy tapioca, pudding, herbal jelly and aloe jelly.

Aside from delicious boba, there are various types of customizable food such as poke bowls, sushi rolls and sushi burritos, which certainly make for a good combination and bring the customer experience to another level.

Kung Fu Tea also has broad seating space, providing a good vibe where people can spend time studying or just hanging out with friends. 

Next time you’re feeling thirsty, craving something sweet to drink or just in the area — consider trying Kung Fu Tea to give the best boba in Champaign-Urbana a shot.