Best of CU | Best Costco Find to Get Your Mom to Buy for You: Alcohol

Eric Chiang
Assortment of alcohol in Costco Wholesale located at 2002 N Neil St.

Costco, with a wide variety of home goods, produce, packaged meals and snacks, is an unparalleled destination for students and shoppers looking to save money on items they often use. With your mom in town, making the trip to the Neil Street location becomes even more accessible. 

This year, Best of CU voters agreed that alcohol is the Best Costco Find to Get Your Mom to Buy for You. Costco’s alcohol assortment is varied and uniquely affordable. If looking for beer or seltzers, one has the option to choose between traditional party fare or more seasonal IPAs and stouts. 

If wine is more your speed, Costco offers a collection of whites, reds, roses and sparkling wines at an accessible range of prices. One can also purchase stronger liquors — whether it be branded products like Bacardi Rum, available at a lower cost than other big-box supermarkets located near campus, or the in-house Kirkland Signature-branded offerings, Costco is sure to have an option for your taste and price range.

Most products sold in Costco are packaged in bulk, and alcohol is no exception. Cases of beer often hold over 24 bottles, while liquor can be sold in quantities up to 1.5 liters. As such, always remember to follow safe and legal practices and drink responsibly.