Best of CU | Best Drunk Food (TIE): Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers

The Daily Illini Photo File
Since the recent opening of the location on Green Street, Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers draws nightly crowds of students fresh from the bars to enjoy crispy tenders and signature sauce.

Whether you choose to go out on a Tuesday evening or a Friday night, this brightly lit shop on the corner of Green and Fifth streets welcomes you on your way back home.

Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers serves the wonderful community of sober folks and those who have had a little too much fun in their evening endeavors until 2 a.m.

The simple menu allows decisions to be made with little to no stress. A mumble of any number between one and four followed by “Combo” guarantees a fiendish friend for your stomach. Freshly fried chicken fingers, a delectable dipping sauce and a soft piece of Texas toast call your name as you walk away from your study spot or stumble away from the bumping music a few blocks west. 

If you’re feeling a little fancy, try asking for an Arnold Palmer as your drink of choice. The famously sweet iced tea is paired with its delicious lemonade, and when mixed, you can drink it pretending to be a legendary golf player. 

Head over to Raising Cane’s whenever you get the itch, whether you are sober or drunk. Raising Cane’s will love you no matter your state of being when you choose to walk through its doors.