Best of CU | Best Intersection: Green and Wright streets

Jack Larson
An aerial shot of the intersection of Green and Wright streets on March 1.

There are hundreds of intersections on campus. Ranging from consistently busy traffic lights to more mundane stop signs, the intersection of Green and Wright streets is in a class of its own.

With proximity to the Main Quad and the Bardeen Quadrangle, it’s no surprise that this intersection took the top spot. There is no shortage of students who cross Green and Wright daily. Its quick traffic rotations, with a dedicated time for pedestrians to cross, make getting to class easy both on foot and in a car. 

There is a little bit of everything by Green and Wright — whether that be bus stops in the vicinity of all four directions, a plethora of Green Street food options to the west or the Illini Union to the east, one essentially can pick any direction and find something that stands out.

However, Green and Wright’s most unique draw lies to the southeast, where Alma Mater stands watch over the University’s best intersection.