Best of CU | Best On-Campus Drink: Blue Guy

The Daily Illini Photo File
A Blue Guy from KAMS is held on the second floor of the bar on March 4, 2023.

Whether it’s been a long day of classes and you’re ready for Time Warp Tuesday, or the weekend has arrived and KAMS is calling your name, one drink dons the crown on the University campus. 

The beloved Blue Guy is the quintessential college bar drink: fizzy, sweet and made up of an indiscernible mixture of vodka and energy drink.

The campus favorite consists of one shot of vodka and about four to five ounces of Bam! Energy Drink, resulting in a blue-raspberry-flavored concoction loaded with caffeine and an undetectable amount of alcohol that always makes students come back for more. 

Often ordered in groups of at least four cups at a time, the Blue Guy has an iron grip on the University’s population. Each drink is uniquely crafted by hardworking student bartenders, and the true essence of a KAMS Blue Guy is captured within the Illini pride that comes with drinking it.

If you’re looking for the authentic Illini experience, head on over to KAMS for its award-winning signature drink. It is a guaranteed inimitable experience and — hopefully — a treasured memory.