Best of CU | Best Place to Cry: Boneyard Creek

Jack Larson
Students sit, study, relax and possibly cry beside Boneyard Creek on Sept. 13. The creek runs for over three miles through midtown and down to campus.

Among the chaos that ensues on the bustling streets of Campustown, there lies a safe haven: A wooded creek filled with hissing geese and swimming fish sits upon the cusp of the Bardeen Quadrangle. This area of campus houses weary STEM students trying to make it to the next day and simply exerting all their effort to survive. 

As students deal with the stresses of classes, being homesick and the overall tribulations of being enrolled in any university, Boneyard Creek is the best place to let out a good cry.

When a mental breakdown is brewing, take the opportunity to go outside and reconnect with nature. Let the expensive University grass run betwixt your fingers as hot, salty tears stream down your face. 

Due to its closeness to most engineering buildings, every person in the vicinity will also most likely be crying. Individuals can easily blend in as they regret every decision that led them to this point.

The beautiful scenery and running waters are sure to provide some sort of consolation during dire circumstances.