Best of CU | Best Sports Bar: Brothers Bar & Grill

Olivia McAfoos
University students gather at Brothers Bar & Grill at 601 S. First St. to support the men’s basketball team during a March Madness basketball game.

Burgers, drinks and flat-screen TVs galore — Brothers Bar & Grill has it all. 

On Illinois gamedays, the two-story bar lights up its screens with a live broadcast as the booths and barstools are filled with fans decked out in orange and blue. 

When the Illini aren’t competing, you can find anything from golf to UFC fighting being shown on any given screen. 

While you bite your nails hoping your parlay hits, you’ll probably want to sip on a drink. Don’t worry — Brothers Bar & Grill has those too.

If you love Long Island iced tea, Brothers Bar & Grill will hook you up with a 32-ounce pitcher of it to go with your crispy Wisconsin world-famous cheese curds. If that’s not enough, try its  Wisconsin cheese curd burger.

After opening its doors this past fall, students and sports enthusiasts have found love for this sports bar — and for good reason. 

Watch a game, take a drink and have a good time at Brothers Bar & Grill.