Chicago Bears sign former Illini Keith Randolph Jr. as undrafted free agent

Candice Zhou
#88 Keith Randolph Jr. celebrates a dropped pass during a football game against Penn State on Sept. 16.

It did not take long for former Illini defensive tackle Keith Randolph to find a team after going undrafted in the 2024 NFL Draft. Just hours after the final pick was announced, Randolph signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent.

Randolph was half of Illinois’ defensive duo known as the “Law Firm.” Randolph, alongside Jer’Zhan Newton, was a team captain while starting 10 games for the Illini in 2023. In his final season representing the Illini, Randolph racked up 49 tackles, four tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. 

The most productive season of Randolph’s Illini tenure was in 2022 when he had tackles for loss in 11 of 13 games and 13.0 total tackles for loss. The Illini thrived alongside Randolph’s monstrous year, making their first bowl game since 2019 and racking up eight wins, the program’s most since 2007.

Chicago had a busy couple of days prior to Randolph’s signing, and the talented pass rusher will join the team alongside the likes of No. 1 overall pick Caleb Williams and former Iowa punter Tory Taylor.

@blountco21