To the Orange Podcast | Dan Balz, Washington Post Chief Political Correspondent

By Joseph Longo and Aaron Navarro

April 16, 2018

Filed under News, Podcasts, To the Orange

“To the Orange” is a Daily Illini podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. Dan Balz has covered politics for the heralded Washington Post, 40 years and running. He met his wife, Nancy, here on campus, while simultaneously...

To the Orange Podcast | Gene Honda, Public address announcer for Chicago White Sox and Chicago Blackhawks

By Aaron Navarro and Joe Longo

March 5, 2018

Filed under Podcasts, To the Orange

“To the Orange” is a DI podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In this episode, we talk to Gene Honda, the famed public address announcer for the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Blackhawks, amongst many others. In fact, Ho...

To the Orange Podcast | Judson Todd Allen, Chef and author

By Aaron Navarro and Joseph Longo

February 14, 2018

Filed under Podcasts, To the Orange

“To the Orange” is a DI podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In this episode, we talk to Chef Judson Todd Allen, a class of 2003 alumnus who been Steve Harvey's chef, a nutritionist and now, an author. In his debut boo...

To the Orange Podcast | Scott Cochrane, Property and bar owner

By Aaron Navarro and Joseph Longo

February 5, 2018

Filed under Podcasts, Showcase, To the Orange, Top Stories

“To the Orange” is a DI podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In this episode, we talk to Scott Cochrane, owner of campus bars The Red Lion, The Clybourne and Firehaus. In a wide-ranging interview, we cover everything...

Cynthia Barrett, Barb’s Mom on “Stranger Things”

By Aaron Navarro and Joseph Longo

December 10, 2017

Filed under Podcasts, To the Orange

“To the Orange” is a DI podcast with Illinois alumni about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In this episode, we talk to Cynthia Barrett, an Atlanta-based actor best known for her role as Barb Holland's mom on the hit Netflix series "Stranger Things."...

Robin Kaler, University spokeswoman

Robin Kaler, University spokeswoman

By Aaron Navarro and Joseph Longo

November 26, 2017

“To the Orange” is a DI podcast with Illinois alums about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In this episode's interview, Robin Kaler talks about: -her experience at the University as a student, and still living at home as a freshman (3:20) -balancing...

Erin Carlson, Author of “I’ll Have What She’s Having: How Nora Ephron’s Three Iconic Films Saved the Romantic Comedy”

By Aaron Navarro and Joseph Longo

November 12, 2017

“To the Orange” is a new DI podcast with Illinois alums about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In a wide-ranging interview, Erin Carlson discusses the Harvey Weinstein scandal, how she pushed for her dreams despite what her professors may have said,...

Will Leitch, creator of Deadspin

Will Leitch, creator of Deadspin

By Joseph Longo, Managing Editor for Reporting

October 31, 2017

Filed under To the Orange, Top Stories

“To the Orange” is a new DI podcast with Illinois alums about their time on campus and how that time helped them get to where they are now. In a wide-ranging interview, Leitch discusses heading to college of the big city of Champaign, creating Deadspin and continuing the legacy of the late Roger...