Lollapalooza day 3 recap

Jacob Slabosz
After the rain, a rainbow appeared above the festival, which proved to be a popular photo opportunity for festival goers.

Day three of Lollapalooza 2023 brought another packed day of artist performances, finishing with headliners Odesza and Tomorrow X Together.

Other performances included Hoosh, Suki Waterhouse, Yung Gravy, The Revivalists, Pusha T and more. 

Despite some heavy rain for the first several hours of the festival, crowds still showed up in large numbers to support their favorite artists.

Hoosh started the day off strong with a rap set at the Coinbase stage. The 45-minute performance kicked off at 12:15 p.m. in the middle of a heavy downpour. Hoosh’s optimistic vibes and dedicated fans pushed through the weather to create a positive performance experience. Read Hoosh’s chat with The Daily Illini here

Suki Waterhouse took to the Bacardí stage at 4:00 p.m. The British actress and singer’s 45-minute set consisted of both newer and older hits, with fans crowding around the stage to scream their support for her performance. Read about her set here.

The Revivalists put on a very entertaining set at the T-Mobile stage at 4:45 p.m. The band had eight members on stage, including a vocalist, a guitarist, a steel guitarist, a bassist, a saxophonist, a drummer, a percussionist and a keyboard player who also played trumpet. 

Yung Gravy played a fun set at the Coinbase stage at 7:45 p.m. He brought out bbno$, another rapper, for several songs. Gravy commented at the size of the crowd, saying it may have been the biggest show he’s ever played. 

ODESZA finished out the night with a 8:45 p.m. set at the T-Mobile stage. The show had many impressive visuals, utilizing pyrotechnics, fireworks, on-screen visuals and fog. The set also had several guest appearances and a drumline. Read about their performance here.

Tomorrow X Together kicked off their 90-minute set at the Bud Light stage at 8:30p.m. Some dedicated fans waited the entire day through the weather and weren’t disappointed as TXT delivered a highly energetic and entertaining set. Read about their set here.