Find the right food delivery service for you

By JJ Kim, Editor-in-Chief

August 2, 2020

Upon arrival onto campus, finding food will have to be at the top of your already long list of concerns. Grocery shopping will be difficult, considering you’ll have to be quarantined for 14 days, and although there are grocery delivery services out there, sometimes ordering a Portillo’s hot dog and putt...

Use these resources when you’re overwhelmed, stressed

Students learn about different RSOs during Quad Day on Aug. 26, 2018.

By Samantha Boyle, Managing Editor for Reporting

August 2, 2020

Studying abroad can be really exciting as you’re gearing up for many new opportunities. At the same time, however, the experience can also be quite stressful and understandably so. While there are many ways to ease the stress and pressure you may feel after coming to a completely new country, like...

‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ is anime, there are others you can watch

A graphic banner displays several popular anime series that appear on Netflix.

By Meghan Lyons, Special Sections Editor

July 31, 2020

Some place, somewhere, the following conversation has occurred: Person 1: “I absolutely love Avatar! It is such a great show!” Person 2: “Yeah, it is. If you like it, you should check out some other anime then!” Person 1: “But … anime is weird.” If you relate to Person 1, I...

Play these video games to pass time in quarantine

A user plays a game of Colonist.io online.

By JJ Kim, Editor-in-Chief

July 31, 2020

Playing video games in the comfort of your own living space is a safe and entertaining way to keep yourself occupied during your first 14 days of quarantine. You’re stuck inside your dormitory or apartment, and you’re looking for something to do. It’s only been a few days into quarantine and yo...

A walk to remember: Follow these tips for exploring campus

A man walks down Wright Street with a McDonald's bag on March 28. Walking around campus is a great way to connect with ourselves during the ongoing pandemic.

By Mark Capapas, Managing Editor for Online

July 31, 2020

The summer of 2020 has served as a precursor to what our school year may involve amidst a cycle of uncertainty. Some of our summer hobbies with the potential to continue include staying inside, looking at screens, music, nostalgia and even emotional confusion. It is easy to get stuck in these repetitive...

CU offers ways to kill time in midst of pandemic

The sun sets at Crystal Lake Park on Nov. 16, 2019.

By Salem Isaf, Interim Editor in Chief

July 31, 2020

All college students must learn to deal with the unprecedented amount of free time they find themselves with once they move onto campus. Without family, friends and all the other distractions of everyday life at home, you’ll wonder how in the world you’re supposed to fill up your days aside from...

Binge these Netflix shows in quarantine

The Netflix homepage displays itself on a laptop screen

By Gabby Hajduk, Sports Editor

July 31, 2020

Quarantining for 14 days isn’t an ideal way to spend the first two weeks back on campus. But there are ways to make it enjoyable and pass the time quickly. One of those ways can be binge-watching shows on Netflix. If any of your friends also have to spend time in quarantine, the new Netflix Party feature c...

Keep spirits up: Follow these tips for returning to campus amid pandemic

Two Illinois students enjoy time with each other at Kung Fu Tea in Champaign on Oct. 18. 2019.

July 31, 2020

If you are an international student, I bet America is probably not what you envisioned when you first applied to this college. Since the early beginnings of coronavirus, xenophobia has run rampant in America’s society and institutions. It seems like every other day, a new ICE policy trying to target...

Connect with nature from comforts of a dorm

A decorated dorm room in Taft-Van Doren hall rests empty in August 2015.

By Jillian Little

July 31, 2020

The Midwest provides the most biodiversity in America. Champaign-Urbana and its surrounding areas harbor some of this unique wildlife. It’s not uncommon to see University students immerse themselves in these places for fun or work with various environment clubs. However, traveling is not as encouraged ...

Make effort to keep in contact with loved ones an ocean away

A New Delhi street is filled with early afternoon traffic on Dec. 3, 2019.

By Elizabeth Sayasane, Features Editor

July 31, 2020

Leaving for college is difficult for many people. They have to leave behind their family, friends and the comfort of being in a place they know so well. When going to college means being a plane ride and possibly and ocean away from home, it can be even more challenging. Many students experience homesickness...

Build your connections, friendships on campus

A representative for a RSO greets a student during Quad Day on Aug. 26, 2018.

By Shana Olivero, Video Editor

July 31, 2020

With over 50,000 students at the University of Illinois, there are a plethora of connections and friendships to be made on campus that will last through your journey after college. My first step of advice is to introduce yourself! In any situation, whether you are waiting for class or sitting next to...

Learn to go with flow of things, keep an open mind

By Heather Robinson, Assistant Daytime News Editor

July 31, 2020

With a surplus of advice columns detailing the best ways to prepare for your international studies, it can be difficult to know where to begin. From repeat information to mere surface level advice, sometimes it's not easy to separate the well known basics from the genuine nitty-gritty.  Of course, y...

Next Page »