Illinois football announces new uniforms for 2023 season

Courtesy of Illini Athletics
Illinois football revealed its newest uniforms for the upcoming 2023 season. The reveal came after months of fans deliberating over what the new threads would look like.

The Illini hyped up the release of new uniforms and helmets for the upcoming season over the past several months, with fans eager to see what they would look like and how they could potentially improve upon the designs they’ve worn for years.

After a long wait, the announcement was officially made on July 24, with photos and videos posted across all social media platforms for the program.

The program posted a video showing off a closer look at all of the jerseys. The navy blue with orange and white stripes on the shoulders are similar to the New England Patriots, but provide more style than the original navy and orange block letters.

The helmet features the classic orange with a blue and white striping in the middle, and the iconic Block I.

The other two uniforms are similar, with a white base, featuring orange and blue striping on the shoulders, contrasting with the navy home jerseys.

The navy jersey is to be worn with orange pants, as well as one of the white jerseys also featuring an orange look, with a navy Block I on the right side. The all-white uniform features blue and orange striping on the sides of the pants.

The uniforms will debut for Illini fans when the team kicks off its 2023 campaign against Toledo on Sept. 2 at Memorial Stadium.

@arrosen76